Wednesday 25 March 2015

Back in the theatre….a real challenge for me

I remember when Damian Lewis went on stage five years ago and the news came out
on a rainy October day it was Friday the ninth in fact I am sure every  fan in Britain and Europe
was happy and planned their trips.

I went to a heavy depression phase that time and it was no question I would go to see him
but during a level of depression you are not able to feel joy or happiness so I planned my
trip and hoped to reach a lower level until my trip which started in the first week of march in 2010
but I was wrong so me and my dark thoughts traveled to London to see Damian Lewis in
The Misanthrope….what a nice resemblance.

Anyway the play was very good but I was never able to really enjoy it and it’s hard to explain
how a diehard fan couldn’t feel the happiness and luck to see him on stage but there was
a constant darkness around me and when returned home I swore myself never ever again
come back to London because over all those years London was my heart home a city I
felt free and happy and my illness never interfered until this trip and it cut an illusion
the illusion not be the weirdo with panic and depression but the free spirit who is able to enjoy herself far away from home and problems.

The depression phase went away as usual and I re discovered Damian Lewis and a year after
I was back in London to see him at the BFI preview for stolen and yes I was in London again and again and saw Damian Lewis again and I was every time in a perfect shape and mood luckily….
But now he goes back on stage a situation I prayed for years because he is a real event on stage
a different kind of event since he totally different on stage than he is on screen but perfect
on both waysJ

so I was hoping for another chance to really see him on stage and enjoy myself and have fun and
realize how thankful I can be to have the opportunity to travel to London and to see
the actor I adore but with my twenty years of illness(oh gee I am sounding like a long term weirdo)
I have kind of fear to screw up a second time to have another depression waiting around the corner
But this time is a bit different. I have my Darling Emma with me and she has already so amazing plans
for us and we also have an exciting meeting coming up too so I feel loved in the city I love and that’s
the difference. I am still an enormous fan who is excited just thinking about the trip but I am no longer alone and that’s worth to try the new challenge. Don’t you think??  J



No comments:

Post a Comment

please add a comment