Friday 24 July 2015

Emma and American Buffalo

So its now almost 3 weeks since American Buffalo shut its tatty doors of the junk shop that was owned by Don Dubrow. I already miss the characters Don, Bob and of course Teach.  Before American Buffalo I have to be honest that although I have seen Damian Lewis in pretty much every TV show and film he has don,  this was the very first time I have seen him live on stage acting, and I have to say I was blown away.  Damian Lewis is an amazing actor, no I have not just stated the obvious, I am merely confirming what we all know!

But on stage he is sensational, John Goodman and Tom Sturidge were also great in the play, but when Damian performed it was like the whole audience were captivated by him.  Teach is a great character and I don’t think anyone else would be good for that role.

 American Buffalo has been a large part of my life this year, when I booked the tickets with my partner in crime Sabrina back in December (I think) I had no idea back then how much a part of my life the Damian lewis fan blog is, how big the site has become and of course how lucky I am to have such an amazing friend like Sabrina to share this great journey with.  I am so excited about seeing Damian on stage again and after Billions I hope we don't have to wait too long…...

No comments:

Post a Comment

please add a comment