Friday 19 September 2014

Emma's London



Even though I live on the outskirts of London, about 20 mins on a train, I do consider myself a Londoner.  I love London so much and I still, at the age of 40, get excited to go into town for the day.  I work twice a week in Soho and love walking from Oxford Circus tube station to the office. 

Sunday is usually a day where we do as little as possible, maybe hook up with friends or family and do some shopping.  But today w decided to get the tube to Hyde Park and take the girls to see the Serpentine in the middle of the park.  As we stood paying for boating tickets I realised in all my time coming into the park I have never properly seen this beautiful lake.  


copyright emma

We took the girls on a pedalo for a half hour and it was great fun, but not so much on the leg! 

After our little boat trip we went for a coffee and some cake in one of the cafes that overlook the lake.  The lake is so pretty and was lovely sitting in the early September sunshine and enjoying watching people passing by.  We then decided to get back on the tube and take the kids to Covent Garden, 24 hours too late to see Damian but hey, you can’t win them all.....  We saw the Opera house which is housed in the corner of the Piazza, with a beautiful swan cut out around the doorway. 


copyright emma



copyright emma



After a stroll around the fantastic indoor market and watching some of the street acts, we went to Tuttons to once again watch the world go by and have a late lunch and a few Kier Royals.....


copyright emma


Covent Garden to me is London and its so buzzy and exciting.  Even as a young girl I loved coming to Covent Garden with my friends on the weekend, there was never a boring minute there and places to eat and drink were always good.  To finish off our day we took the girls on a Rickshaw back to a nearby tube station.  Great Fun on the weekend for a blog girl and I wanted to share it all with you.



copyright emma

No comments:

Post a Comment

please add a comment