Friday 2 October 2015

Bill from my view

What a fantastic film...... is what you would expect a 12 year old to say when they have watched Bill, the new film from the cast of horrible histories, but no this statement is coming from the mouths of not one but two 42 year old women.

On Friday 23rd September my best friend Andee (the ginger one) and I decided to ditch the shops and coffee houses we usually peruse on a Friday morning and hit the Vue cinema in Watford, as we walked into the empty theatre at 11.30 in the morning we purchased our two adult tickets to see the children film Bill, at first the guy selling the tickets thought we were joking but as we ordered our popcorn and bag of sweets, we both looked round and realised that we were the only people not only seeing the film but in the entire cinema.

We took our seats, which to be honest could have been any seat in the whole cinema, and waited to see the few minutes of Damian, playing Sir Richard Hawkins.  I don't want to spoil it for you as I think Damian's character is fantastic (ok maybe a little bias) but his character resembled that of King Henry in Wolf Hall - some may disagree but wait till you see it, there is a scene where he shouts at King Philip of Spain that actually sent a shiver through me.  The film itself is great full of humour and one liner jokes, its good for parents that have to sit through it and kids learn something too - I think Helen Mccory Plays a fantastic Queen Elizabeth and I totally respect her for the vile costume and facial hair and dry skin her character had to endure, its great that two great actors can laugh at themselves and I feel it was an incredibly enjoyable film to make and be part of.

One of the most hilarious scenes was the outtakes at the end where Sir Richard Hawkins goes from reminding me of Henry to more Brody in captivity!
Go see this film is my advice its well worth the laugh......




No comments:

Post a Comment

please add a comment