Monday 2 November 2015

Milo and Me



Not long after watching the Baker I began a new business called Tea Time Events, which is a pop up vintage tea party company, where we make a full tea party and provide all the cakes, scones and sandwiches.  Making a cake is not as easy as it looks and watching the baker and how badly Milo makes a chocolate cake reminds me of my first attempt of a chocolate cake.  When I was 7 years old I loved to bake with my Grandmother, she was incredible and I do believe I have her to thank for what i can do today.  We decided to bake a chocolate cake one day and got all the ingredients together, or so we thought, it wasn't until we took the cake out the oven we realised we had done something wrong the cake was pretty much running out the oven door!!!!  35 years on and I am delighted to share with you my Chocolate Cake Recipe.

Milo’s Chocolate Fudge Cake

Ingredients you will need

225g Self raising flour 
225g Butter(soft)
4 Medium Eggs
225g Caster Sugar
35g Coco Powder

For the butter cream icing
150g Icing flour
50g Coco powder
200g soft butter
a little warm water
Small piece of white chocolate


Mix all the cake ingredients together in a large bowl preferably with an electric mixer on medium speed for 2 minutes or until its all blended together - best way to see if its good ? try it, my mum used to always stop me from licking the spoon or bowl because of the raw eggs, but I have never had any problems so enjoy!
Spoon the mixture evenly into two 7” loose bottom cake tins which you will need to greece and then line the base with baking parchment.  Place in the oven on 180 degrees or 160 if you have a fan oven, for around 25/35 minutes, dont worry if you get a crack across the top as you will be covering it with icing.

Remove from the oven and leave to cool on a rack.

Mix all your icing ingredients together and slowly adding the water to get the mixture to a nice spreadable constancy.  once the cakes are totally cold you can spread the icing on the bottom of one cake and place the other one on top - you can then spread the icing all over the top as thick as you like it - use white grated chocolate to decorate the top of it and finally 

ENJOY 

No comments:

Post a Comment

please add a comment