Monday 13 April 2015

a compliment

Since I work for site and blog I don’t get much sleep.
It’s again in the middle of night and I just exchanged emails with Selene to work out
The fabulous interview Damian had with Bryan Appleyard for Sunday Times Culture
Please read it on damian-lewis.com
It’s the perfect working hour for me because I’m a real night owl so it is no big a deal.
I am quite an enthusiastic kid when it comes to Damian and that feeling never left me and I am proud of the fact I could go excited every time it comes to him, not in a screaming teenager kind of way but
I love his work and probably love him too at least a bit….

See I let him like every fan into my life. I spend a lot of time with Lewis stuff….daily
and I think when you invite an artist in your life he becomes part of it and on a strange but honest level you develop feelings for this person.

And since I was a child I am able to react in a very happy and exciting way to things I like and love
and luckily I never grew out of it.
And tonight it was one of these moments reading the brilliant interview…..
I read probably every interview he did the last ten years and I liked most of them but the great thing
I could witnessed is how much he changed in the best possibly way.

In earlier interviews he was funny flirty and so sweet to listen and read to but over the years
He became kind of wiser more focused and so insightful and not afraid to admit very deep thoughts.
He seems totally honest, he don’t cover things and as a fan it feels he is honest with you and honesty
makes a person vulnerable and I have respect for every artist who uncover himself with
wit and honesty.

he says in the interview that acting is like advocacy " you present your character and the audience is the jury"

I suppose it will sound superficial and a bit teenage like but it is meant in a good way and that’s
a fact I insist but tonight I fell in love a bit more with the actor Damian Lewis…and I am a bit proud to be part of his audience




No comments:

Post a Comment

please add a comment