Monday 6 April 2015

Sabrina about the King.-) Wolf Hall on PBS memory piece



Since Emma already told you about her first impression of King Henry and Wolf Hall
Today it’s my turn.

 as most of us I eagerly awaited the miniseries because I loved the books and I often wrote here
about my dream role for Damian Lewis in fact I did it the first time when opened the blog back in July last year but I am proud to hear even other blogger and fans joined in which is quite nice.

But I also told you all that I was a bit worries because it’s a great role and a role other actors
played very well and as I mentioned before Damian polarizes always a bit in his “homeland”
but I was convinced we would see something entirely different because the books doesn’t
describe the fat choleric Henry or as Damian said we will not see an Elvis like king.-)

but a new Henry youthful athletic powerful and yet a bit naïve and as a fan I was utterly convinced
an actor from a calibre like Damian Lewis will be able to handle it but for a fan I have to confess that
I am very critical sometimes over critical only because I don’t like it to lose the objective view on things. 
So I expected a great first episode. The complete series has a stellar cast, you don’t know where to begin but maybe with Cromwell and Mark Rylance

The series is about Cromwell and with Mark Rylance the production has one of the best if not best 
Actor of his generation and frankly as one critic wrote Rylance is the best actor of his generation and Lewis isn’t far behind him I was over the moon because yes I am proud to be a Lewis fan always has been long before Homeland and I had never doubts he is one of the best actors of his generation
and to hear such statement establish my own opinion even more.

Wolf Hall started fantastic with a dark touch and even if some people criticised the lightning
in the night shoots for me it worked  and made the scenery real and thrilling the atmosphere was captured perfectly.

All the actors and actresses brought their characters to life in a wonderful way.
Mark Rylance is brilliant in the role of Cromwell and he is for me the Cromwell I imagined
In the books. Cannot wait to see more of him the next weeks.
But I could write a long list here because every actor in every single role was convincing and
made the first episode a highlight for me….

Yes the King….came for around five minutes and that was enough to make the audience
Happy and we all shared the same opinion: This is the Henry we waited for!!
  His presence is overwhelming and electrifying. the way he walks and speaks assure you he knows every bit about his power.

Damian Lewis brought a new not seen yet King to the screen and I cant wait to see more
and agree with  the loads of comments from the Wolf Hall audience :
A brilliant performance and he was able to capture us within minutes!!
Thanks for a great first episode it was a joy to watch.

source damian-lewis.com





No comments:

Post a Comment

please add a comment