Thursday 20 August 2015

Being a foreigner...part two

I love the English language and Damian Lewis helped me so much with listening to him reading his interviews especially interviews are an amazing help since Damian speaks and express a brilliant english, it couldn’t be more perfect but I remember one occasion when I was gifted to meet him and I had a few minutes time to put myself together which isn’t easy because you hardly meet a person with a charisma that blows you away .

but I’m not that kind of OMG fan I usually have myself under control lol but I remember the little conversation in my head almost stopping myself because I was so afraid to make a fool of myself by using the wrong grammar or what if I would mix up words or using the wrong words, gee better I leave the area as quick as possible….but!!


Damian promised me a few minutes before he would come back to me after a little picture taking break and he remembered the second I decided to leave and came actually back!!

Let me say and I know I have said that before Damian Lewis takes time for fans I know hundreds
of stories like mine and he always takes time and he gives you feeling he is ok with it.

So he came back to me and started talking on such a lovely way that he took away my anxiety and
embarrassment the next moment although he recognized me as a foreigner or maybe not
but he asked where I am from and he talked to me so natural and normal that I am still
happy thinking of it!!
We joked we talked so my result and advice to everyone who learn or want to learn a language is:
Go for it!!


Try to speak wherever you can and don’t think too much about it just go out and talk!!
If you standing in line at the grocery store smile at the next person and talk about the weather
or sitting in the theatre use the interval and talk to the person next to you about the play…or the actor
what I mean is try to remember how little kids handle new things with excitement and the wish to
have fun so learning a language enjoy your steps to get better and don’t avoid speaking even you don’t know the correct word then describe it people will understand and respect you!!

I had one of the best teachers ever….the encounter with Damian made me a lot more confident.

Go out and talk!! You won’t regret it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

please add a comment