Monday 24 August 2015

get yourself a good time and listen...to Damian Lewis

Damian Lewis the audio book reader part one
One reason I am a Lewis fan is probably his versatility and the fact he try on everything.
He plays character so far from himself that I sometimes think Brody Soames or Teach didn’t
Even look like Damian Lewis and did you ever notice that Charlie Crews walks differently from
Brody and Keane walks in great pressure and anxiety??

That’s acting…he gives every character a life a face and yes a way to walk that fascinates me.
Bur besides acting and being a brilliant host on HIGNFY where he shows the most British skill and that’s humor and spice the show with wit and cleverness I’m still convinced that one day he will be a director or an acting teacher. I really see him in both “roles” and I can rely on my feelings…J
But actually I was about to write about something different….
Damian Lewis the audio book reader!!

 I love audio books from the start of it I was in love with audio books and its readers because
Its not easy to transform a book into a story for the ears.
I am a big fan of audio books since they became popular for over two decades, some people
Say it’s the lazy way of book reading but I disagree it’s another way to read a way that needs
your fantasy and thinking even more because send your thoughts on a travel together with the author and the reader.

You close your eyes and wherever you are the bond between author reader and listener is there and
you explore the book on a different level.
But with so many books and readers the person who buy and listen to audio books is spoiled and I am no exception. I choose the audio books carefully and look who’s reading because its not easy to grab attention.

We have wonderful readers here in Germany and I spend way too much money for audio books, when other women go and buy shoes I join them only that I stop a shop earlier at the mall to
spend hours in a book shop but have to confess that I take amazon as an option its nothing we should do regularly because it makes it harder for my little book shop but with a smartphone
in your hands the world became smaller doesn’t it.

Anyway audio books might be not an option for everyone but if you haven’t try it yet start with one of the best readers I can recommend…Damian Lewis
As I said above audio books and its reading is in my opinion not an easy thing to do because you have to transport words feelings and emotions as well as the skill to bring different characters to live without being seen.
I think during the last twenty years I have heard hundreds of audio books for private reasons as well as in the library but Damian Lewis is for sure among my top five readers and he is quite on top of the ranking.



No comments:

Post a Comment

please add a comment