Wednesday 16 September 2015

Damian Lewis....and Emma re read her entry:-)

Emmas fan story....


It was September 2012 and I was getting a train into London with two friends to do a charity walk for cancer research - on the way into London we were discussing the TV that was on the night before and my two friends were discussing "Homeland" "noooooo" I said to them "I don't watch it" both friends agreed i was mad and would love it especially the main character Damian Lewis?? Who? We then googled him so I could see what they were on about! Yeah he's ok!  The next day I then asked my husband to download Homeland seasons 1 and 2! He was also interested in watching it as he had been told it was an excellent series we were missing out!
WOW not only was it one of the most fantastic things I had ever watched, I was officially a Damian Lewis fan! I got straight into the Internet to google what else this fantastic actor had appeared in! I knew I recognised him from The Sweeney which we had only seen a couple of weeks before,  but so many other things I had seen and not realised he was even in, including "Hearts and Bones" a very 1990's series on the BBC and a BBC film called "Stolen" which I had missed and recently watched thanks to my fabulous friend in Germany who sent it to me.  I then went on to watch "Life" which I think Is one of my favourite things Damian has done closely followed by the Baker, or Assassin in Love if your from the states.  I then found the fantastic website DAMIAN-LEWIS.COM which had some great photos and info on there to help feed my addiction.... From this I found the twitter site along with the twitter fan site and thanks to them, in may this year I was able to go to the Times Talks in London where Damian was interviewed - and even luckier that I was able to ask him a question at the end, and whilst in the que found someone who is now one of my best friends and work colleagues
There are so many reasons why I am a fan, not only because of his handsome face, his charming manner and of course his amazing acting but because he comes across as such a kind and nice person too and if it were not for him I would never have found my friend xxx


personal note: thank you Em,will never forget the start of all that....look forward to share more moments with you.thanks for a beautiful journey.S

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous10:11

    Agree with you Emma, the first time I met Damian is when Life was released in France! Immediately I found this guy, wonderful, beautiful, talented, and I waited, impatiently, day Monday broadcast of the series!
    And I too have done a thousand searches, to learn all about this beautiful Damian!
    Then seeing Keane Forsyte and Homeland, my love grew, and I can not do without him !! It's crazy!

    ReplyDelete

please add a comment