Tuesday 8 September 2015



So...... This is what its like to write for the blog and post it too!!! This amazing blog was created by my beautiful talented friend Sabrina, who has always believed in me, and told me that it was not so hard to do the blog and help properly run it, but in my own way I have always been a bit nervous, not because I cannot write because writing has always been a passion of mine, but scared that I press a button and thats it the whole blog gone!!!!!!

But no... so far so good - SABRINA THIS IS FOR YOU!!!

The last few weeks have not been good for me, after the most incredible spring and summer I have felt a little low and I want to take this opportunity to say sorry to Sabrina for being a difficult and maybe sometimes a selfish friend, and sadly losing the fan aspect of everything which is something I never wanted to happen, so this, right now is my way of putting an end to the low and brining back the highs and remembering why we do this..... Spring 2015 will always be a wonderful memory for me it was the year that Sabrina and I were lucky enough to see American Buffalo and be invited by Damian into the green room at the Wyndham theatre in London.  Just over 16 months ago I was just a fan, someone who watched Homeland for the first time and loved it and from there got myself on IMBD to see what else this talented red head had to offer!  I then found DamianLewisCom on twitter and found out Damian was doing a live interview in London for the New York Times, without even looking at dates and times I booked 2 tickets, dragging my best friend Andee with me - that was the evening I met my friend Sabrina, she was standing outside the venue, also 2 hours early like I was, we got chatting and from there a friendship was planted and from that day it just grew!  Sabrina had always wanted to run a blog and over the weeks after Times Talks we chatted daily, in July 2014 I went to Cologne for a "business meeting" with Sabrina which turned into a weekend of shopping eating and laughing, we created the idea there and then and I guess the rest is history.  The fan blog is a great place to be - well I think so anyway, I adore the fan site too and think damian-lewis.com is a wonderful informative community, and the two complement each other so well.

This blog post is to say thank you - to say Sabrina you were right I can do it, thank you for telling me time and time again that its not as hard as it looks and thank your more than anything else for being my friend.


No comments:

Post a Comment

please add a comment