Tuesday 15 September 2015

I'm Henry the VIII.......

As its the week of the Emmy's and Damian has been nominated for one for his role as Henry in Wolf Hall, it has made me think back to when I was a little girl and we did a tudor school play.

I have not thought about this particular time in my life for years.  I was about 10 and we were told by our history teacher that we were going to do a school play on The Tudors as we had spent a whole term learning about them and wanted to show all the parents what we had learned.  We were all given parts to play and I got the part of a peasant street person (My drama was awful - not the greatest of actors, the closest I would get to an Emmy is my name lol) - at the age of 10 you can imagine what I must have looked like in the full tudor costume, dirty looking face and blacked out teeth.

Source: damian-lewis.com


The rest of the memory is a bit of a blur but all I can remember is this kid called Jack who played the part of Henry, not because of his fantastic acting skill but because he was the only ginger child in the school who could play the part - Jack's Mum had made his the most excellent outfit and I remember more than anything his fake ginger beard that he had made out of some felt fabric and the poor boy completely lost his lines just as his beard fell off.

The song is the thing that I don't think I will ever forget - about 30, ten year old kids dressed up as Tudors, all singing "I'm Henry the eighth I am I am, I'm Henry the eighth I am"

I wonder if Jack ever thinks of that play!

wow that was 32 years ago!!!!!!!



source: damian-lewis.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

please add a comment