Wednesday 21 January 2015

Wolf Hall

A lot has already been written about the major adaption of Wolf Hall   
Reading Hilary Mantel’s` bestselling novels Wolf Hall and bring up the Bodies
Brings you immediately back in the Tudor area and I suppose it’s kind of a risk
to adapt such a heavy theme to the small screen and as thrilled as I was when I
heard the news that Damian Lewis would take on  the role of the probably most
famous King  Britain ever had I was also a bit afraid because I was sure he would
polarized.
 In seven years of my interest for Damian Lewis are got often the impression
its hard for people to be indifferent to him. You like him or you don t but you definitely have
an opinion  about him .I never figured out why…??

Maybe it’s because of the red hair, I experienced myself that almost everyone has something to
say about my red hair friends colleagues strangers in the street all those people seemed authorized
to send out a comment about my hair and indirect about me without even knowing me.
So I guess the red hair thing is a big thing for people much bigger than for the men and women
who actually  have red hair we don’t think about it daily unless we get tagged or approached about.
The Eton thing and the famous self-confidence are likely a great help to manifest a certain opinion
about Damian Lewis  a good education and a self-confident character seems enough to make people
curious or attracted or annoyed.

In the last seven years I followed his career loads of fans audience and critics have praised him for his outstanding work and portrays of difficult characters but also a lot of people talked about his hair
his Eton  education and guess some people are a bit afraid or even feel jealousy because of
his self-confident attitude so I got the impression he polarized much more than other actors around.
So I am sure audience will talk about his Henry they already did just after seeing him for a second or two on the trailer for days Twitter was full of comments and even Damian gave us all the really
Good advice not to hear on the constant “drivel” that goes on and on and we all should probably take a rest from social media but right after the trailer was released audience talked about for days. Actually they still do and yes I like it drivel or not.

Henry VIII is surely one of the most portrayed characters ever in the cinema or small screen as well as the stage everywhere around the world so it’s a huge risk to take on this special role and we had probably a more over weighted actor or King in mind although reading the books it was clear that
Hilary Mantel´s Henry is not the fat choleric King most of the book and films showed him.
Mantel`s king is vulnerable romantic wild and furious some time but he is a King with feelings
Bad and good and he is charismatic that shines through every page he appears in the books.
And that’s why I was secretly hoping Damian Lewis would be offered to play him
Well not that secretly because I already get copied from other blogs and they make it their secret wish but that’s totally because the more the better!!

Damian Lewis has one single thing that comes out every role he played:
You can’t stop watching him he brings a certain charisma in every role but always different
Very different because it’s impossible to compare Soames with Brody and Charlie with Keane
Because he plays every role so very different you can`t figure out similarities which makes him a
fantastic actor he even walk different did you ever recognized that??

Anyway Henry certainly had a great charisma women fell in love and men owed him respect
So you needed a man who had charisma and a natural confidence to bring this character to live.
Damian Lewis seems the perfect choice and yes I am aware that his red hair is a big advantage
but for me it’s just a little  advantage because you hardly could cast a dark hair olive skin actor
for the famous red headed King but first of all you need to capture the charisma the slightly
unpredictable monarch and the fact that he loved women and  a lot of women love the King
and that makes Damian Lewis for me the prefect choice to play Henry VIII….

Wish you all fabulous evenings with the series good luck for actors and crew and see and read here
And on the main site all about Wolf Hall like reviews articles and pictures.




 








No comments:

Post a Comment

please add a comment