Monday 18 May 2015

American Buffalo

American Buffalo….
It’s done!!
I am prepared and ready and nervous as usual when I’m on the way to the airport.
Alright I will be on my way Wednesday but I am already nervous.

We will see American Buffalo and yes I am very excited and I know we going to see a high class
performance because I was lucky enough to see Damian Lewis on stage before.


And I am sure I will be in love with John Goodman the moment he appears on stage and Tom Sturridge is a real young talent I am sure Damian will dominate the stage
(I should mention that I writing this long before the play is on in fact its April the first, it’s after midnight already and I can’t sleep so I do some blog work but I can’t use reviews or critics its my opinion only)
Damian dominated both plays he did the last years and he put an energy in his performance that you
almost needed seat belts!!


Especially during the Misanthrope run which I was crazy enough to see five times in a row!!
I am so much more reduced this time with only three performances in two months….well yes
Emma kept me from booking more….it would be ridiculous to go more often…and way too expensive lol

Back to the facts:
American Buffalo and his main character Walter “Teach “Cole has a special presence and is the active part of the three guys, he is also the most aggressive one of the group.
Teach gives the impression he knows what’s going on. But I doubt he is that clever.

As Damian told earlier in the first interview clip for American Buffalo;
These three men want to be part of the American dream but they’re not!!
And I agree it’s surely a total different experience from the life Damian and the director Daniel Evans live.
And that might be an enormous challenge but I witnessed Damian Lewis on stage before and I know he is an exceptional stage actor.

and to be different in your role you have to play…well like Damian said once:
“That would be acting”
It’s almost six years by now that I have seen Damian on stage and the last time it was at the comedy theatre in London.

The Misanthrope.
So much happened ever since….
The whole Homeland hype started a year later and by now Damian is even more a well-known well respected actor with a reputation of a versatile and brilliant performer…known around the world.


Damian Lewis brings an energy on stage that I have never seen before and he has an enormous presence that mixed with his acting skills makes the night in the theatre unforgettable.

So yes I expect a full blooded performance with energy and aggressive presence because
Teach is the aggressive part of the crew!!
Frankly I cannot wait to see him on stage and it’s so great he brings two other brilliant actors with him
Best of Luck guys….and break a leg

No comments:

Post a Comment

please add a comment