Monday 25 May 2015

the whirlwind trip:-)

We will present you a fully and very detailed report from our London time
By the end of June when we both fully return to our normal Blog work.

You will see our pictures from London and we will both let you know about
the play and how we celebrated our friendships anniversary as well as
our very last visit to see AB in June….our final AB week starts soon after…stay tuned!!


But for now I really need to tell you how amazingly great this play is…

I was curious and excited especially after I had the chance to interact with fans
and audience so much over the past weeks a thing I love to do and should
say it again here: you are all so great and we thank you so much for your comments and replies!!
@DamianLewisCom and @emsjabb are always happy about tweets and comments.


So I was keen to see it myself and after six years of waiting to see Damian back on stage
I couldn’t wait to sit in my seat watching the play…
I told you about Damian on stage and my opinion about more than once and I was sure to see
some fantastic acting and I know he shows so different skills on stage.

I guess most people who watched him on screen over the years noticed that he can
Express so much with very little gestures or like we said as we began here:
The raising eyebrow trick which only means he is amazing in his ability to
shows us his inner feelings by let us into his soul and mind but he never needs
an opera like attitude or loud words…


on stage his presence is overwhelming, his delivery absolutely pointed and
I witnessed it more than once that people holding their breath simply because
His presence on stage captures you completely.

I was sure long before Homeland that Damian Lewis is able to play almost every role and he
has a wide range of skills and abilities but I love to be surprised by him over and over again.

And after six weeks of Wolf Hall and the fact that he gave us an unseen Henry I was curious about his
Teach and even if I am sounding like a twelve year old on Facebook the phrase OMG is exactly
what I thought shortly after the play and even now four days after my return the play hasn’t
left me yet and I still think about the play ad its characters and the characters.

All three actors are very good and making you speechless more than once but Damian
nails it , Damian Lewis showing a masterclass in stage acting and I say stage acting very
consciously because we know he shows masterclass acting on screen and I have seen him on stage
before but this time I was hardly able to breath and I was completely captured in the situation
on stage!!

I have seen a lot of different plays in London over the years and Mamet isn’t for everybody
It seems to me that you either love it or hate it but I love it and can’t wait to see it one
more time in June because I really want to absorb every single moment and every move and
sentence in this amazing play.

Damian’s perfect comedic timing and the shallowness of his character is a joy to watch but
this  is a bitter sweet comedy because you quick get the impression Teach is by far not
that clever and on a certain moment his empty life will almost move you to tears but
I will definitely not writing in detail here not before the play ends….won’t spoil it
For others but we will post a review once we are back from London in June!!


  But I guarantee you Damian Lewis proves again he is able to catch every character
and plays and develops it to perfection!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

please add a comment