Monday 11 May 2015

Henry..oh Henry

Henry…oh Henry

Six weeks of pure perfection how could I possibly review such a thing….but I can at least try
As many viewers I was keen to see Wolf Hall and I thought it might be difficult to deliver
After all those weeks of Cromwell and Henry it’s almost hard to let them go….

I was so keen to discover Damian Lewis`s way to play Henry because I was absolutely
sure it would be different to others after seven years of being a fan I learned Damian
does things always a bit different and in his own style.

Henry on tv or big screen was mostly a lot of screaming and all about a loud performance
A thing we normally don’t get if Damian Lewis takes on a role so I was wondering how he
would manage it to be a king.

And yes of course he gave us everything and again something new to explore.
Wolf Hall was an absolute pleasure to watch not only because of the outstanding performance
Of Mark Rylance or my secret highlight Anton Lesser no every single performance in this series was
breath-taking from Jonathan Pierce to Claire Foy and Bernard Hill !!
But Wolf Hall also gave us another milestone in Damian Lewis`s career!!

He gave us a Henry we hadn’t seen before and let’s face it that was not what I expected but
hoped forJ
I as most of us had seen some “Henry`s “before and I looked forward to see his but I was slightly
worried because as Damian said himself:” Henry is a brand…like Coca Cola”

Well I probably couldn’t come up with a better phrase so yes the King is an own brand and
more famous than anybody else in British history so I suppose everyone has an opinion about Henry
and with such a popular character it seemed a risk to play him…well as Selene and I joking some time
my middle name is worry lol but anyway I was keen and worried to see his Henry the same time.
And wow he surprised me once more…

His performance blew me away and I was proud to be a fan of such an actor, yes he showed us a
New side of Henry and I almost felt understanding for him and his needs.
He wanted to have a woman by his side and for him a male heir was essential and
I kind of understand it and him although some of his actions were cruel and like a monstrous child
And that’s the fact I was most impressed of.

Damian Lewis and the new side of his acting. I love him normally for the fact that he is able to transport a feeling simple by raising his eyebrow, he is able to express with a glance more
than some others with a whole speech and we got to see that in Wolf Hall but we saw more much more….
Henry was like a big child a big Wolf who expressed every thought or idea completely on his face
and I am ready to bow!!

I was so very impressed by his performance and yes it’s not the first time I write that here but
It’s a fan blog lol but really it was a new side of him and I enjoyed every bit of it, his performance
Convinced critics and audience each week and yes he was so good in every single episode but
loved the enormous Henry climax in episode five and I didn’t even want to talk about his
smile…..in the last episode….if this didn’t give you goose bumps….

I am happy to thank the whole Wolf Hall cast for an outstanding series and one of the best things I have ever seen!!

 






No comments:

Post a Comment

please add a comment