Friday 31 October 2014

A look back


 

A little prologue

When I started writing this piece I thought it would be a quick one and a short  report but it turned out it will be a longer piece so I parted it and hope you enjoy reading it as much as I enjoyed writing it for you.

I normally avoid long stories about holidays because it’s never really interesting for others and

We actually write here in general about Damian Lewis or at least we try to relate our stories to him or to something that we love or something we find inspiring.

But frankly as you can read below I was absolutely not awaiting such a beautiful experience

and to keep honesty I was not on holiday since many years because when I started a trip the last five years it was mostly London and Damian related trips. Don t get me wrong I loved and enjoyed each trip and I had unbelievable experiences with Damian Lewis who was always really always kind, charming and gracious to me and I have met my Emma in London so the city will always be connected with pleasure and joy and already looking forward to be there again next year!!

But this was a holiday I calmed down.no stress no hectic only blog writing, delicious food and

great talks and fun moments and despite the fact I need to go on a diet afterwards I had a great time and I didn’t take a minute for granted that’s the thing this holiday and London has in common:

the city , Damian Lewis my Darling Emma the encounters with other people I never take it for granted so I thank my friend for a wonderful time in Willingen and hope you enjoy my report from a town you actually don t write home about unless you be here and just let it flow…
 

 

When my friend asked me to join him for a new project in a small town called Willingen
 I was excited and a bit afraid the same time. 
It is a really small town in the middle of Germany and I used to spent my entire childhood
Holidays there. My Dad loved the piece and quite the town offers and as a child I had no idea about
About the big world and other countries because my Dad was a countryside man and as a child you don t question that.
When I was older my wish to see other parts of the world grew stronger and I haven t thought about the town ever since  not until    my friend offered me to accompany him ….I hesitated because child memories are one of the most powerful in your life.in your memories everything is colourful and
full of joy. Holiday meant for me to spend time with my Dad because he was a very busy man.
He was a teacher in an higher position and a politician so sometimes I didn’t see him for weeks but
on holiday I claimed his time and he was happy to forget work and his only priority was to make his little girls happy. I was an only child and helplessly spoiledJ
one of my most treasured memories are the afternoons we spend together. We send Mum to the Spa and then we went to the nearby park and we had every time the same ritual:
 

 
 
 

 

 
 
we sat together on an bank and while I was feeding ducks he told me story and he always made up a new story about princess or knights far away in England on a remote castle…I loved that and still remind the stories.   

When I grew older and grew out of the princess and kings he told me about his time in London working for the BBC. He was so happy in the UK and I often asked myself why he ever came back

Because whatever he ever did he always measured himself with that   man he was down there, maybe that was the particular reason why he was never able to be a really happy person.

But this moments with him were special and he opened up to me his daughter, we shared our thoughts and dreams and his wishes he have had for me.

so I arrived with mixed feelings today but was sure I would deal well with memories.    

I am here with a friend I feel always calm and relaxed with and he is the loveliest man I know and we get along so well mostly because we are not a couple. Lol

I am happy to be here but as an unexpected surprise the emotional feelings overwhelmed me from time to time. It’s like my Daddy’s spirit is in the air a feeling I got the last time in 2003 when I first visited London. I remember standing at Tower Bridge and as weird as it sounds I felt he was with me that moment and it was for me the moment to finally make peace with the fact he is gone.

I do well without him and don’t miss him every day after all those years, but to lose a parent is like losing a part of yourself  and it pushes you immediately on top of the list in life…you will  be the next…as long as it takes(hopefully very long).

Anyway, I enjoy my time here but I am sure I will not coming back!!

pureI was here. I felt the same warm feeling but now it’s time to move on, to live my life.

To left the old dreams behind to create new one.

Dad you can join me in my thoughts any time but from here I go further... 

See you at Tower Bridge…
 

 

A follow-up and a moment of joy.
After finished my piece I went to dinner with my friend and I got a big surprise!!
My friend arranged together with a ridiculously nice waiter a table with beautiful decoration
And a lovely gift…all for me.as you will read in another piece of me soon I find it hard to accept
that people love me and  care for me  but my friend displays here on our little trip a warm
and honest love for me and the life itself that he doesn’t  have when  we are in our busy daily life so
for me that’s the real gift. I love London so much and I love the busy way of life there, the city full
of dreams , hopes and nowhere else I find myself so free and different from my usual character.
But here you are almost forced to calm down and just enjoy the slow way of the countryside.
I couldn’t stand it for more than a few days because I am not a person for a slowly life but for now it feels absolutely alright. please share with me some moments ….   
Today we went to a curiosity seeker it’s an odd mix between museum and pure unadulterated kitsch
Which I really loved.it was so much in there and some very old stuff and rarities. Let’s see some pictures
 




 

 
Alright last day of working holiday and today my friend has to work for his photo project and so we went to an animal park interesting for children and adults and there is also a way included with fairy tale characters, normally only for children but when you are with me.
I am the biggest kid of all and love fairy tales so for me a great reason to postpone my adultery and
Stay with Peter Pan the boy who wouldn’t grow up.lol
We have had a fantastic time and since Markus is another Peter Pan we had such fun and I
Love watching him when he is working with his camera, he is so into it and adore people who
Love and burn for a passion.  I will even post a very small clip and you might not understand the language but you can see we had much fun!!
Thank you Markus for a special day!!
I am in love with Hotels of any kind, I love the atmosphere and the specialty and
this time I am like a kid in a candy shop because the Hotel is a real treasure not only
with a lovely Spa  gorgeous rooms and an exceptional décor but with a fantastic really fantastic
Service. You feel like an old friend coming home for the weekend here because everyone cares
For your needs and wishes but especially the service at dinner time.
It’s really one of the best services I ever witnessed because it’s fun charming and perfectly
Polite but never reserved. The biggest THANK YOU from here!! Five star service.
 
 
 




 



 


 






 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

please add a comment