Friday 17 October 2014

Emma on our Vintage Tea Time in Cheltenham




@WellWalkTeaRoom


On Saturday afternoon, I made reservations for tea at 3pm at the Well Walk Tea Room in Cheltenham.  

source: Emma

As an avid fan of English vintage Tea and running my own Vintage Tea Party business, Tea Time Events, this place was perfect for me.  As you walk through the door of this tiny tea shop its like stepping back in time, you are greeted by the friendliest of people and are seated at a little table with mismatched crockery and chairs!  

source: Bahar

We decided to go for the proper English Tea menu and this consisted of a two tiered cake plate with a wonderful selection of fresh scones, jam and clotted cream, and below a selection of cakes, Victoria sponge, Millionaires short bread and so much more, we also had a lavish plate of sandwiches all cut into triangles and served on a plate, we had a choice of tea and we went for traditional English breakfast and Earl Grey.  

source: Emma

The ambiance of the tea room is wonderful and I got a lovely warm feeling just sitting there and watching the world go by. When we finished our scrumptious tea, we got talking to the owners son who usually works in London, he and his parents had just done some work for the great british bake off which is great, and that is when they told me that they sell the crockery and tea pots! Although my business has so many sets already I thought I just had to have a look and see if there was anything I could have that would go well with my collection – and of course it didn’t take me long, I found a stunning pale pink and gold set – it was a wonderful start to my weekend in Cheltenham and I highly recommend this lovely tea room for anyone who is looking for traditional vintage tea room and service.

source: Emma

No comments:

Post a Comment

please add a comment