Wednesday 18 February 2015

Damian brought Elvis back to me

Quite soon after I became a fan seven years ago I figured out Damian is a huge Elvis fan
And that brought some great memories back besides the fact that I love people
With an more old fashioned taste of music like oldies and jazz or some classic once in while
Of course mixed with some cool music from today….but back to Elvis


My Dad was a huge Elvis fan he loved Oldies in general because it was the music of his life
And I grew up with Elvis and the Beatles and not so much with the music of my generation  
Because music was a thing we shared since we had not the easiest relationship

I always loved our music moments, light and funny and filled with memories of his youth
And first love…I enjoyed it every time because my Dad was a great storyteller and
Very lively in his explanations and he had a quite wild youth so I loved listening to him
We had two continuing situations where we had our Daddy girl moments

The first one was when we were alone at home and Dad had enough time
to spend some time with me, then we took the old record player and sat down
on the floor and listened to Elvis the Beatles or others and after a while he started talking
and I felt warm and cosy and the music was always a huge part of it.

The other situation was in the car….I have no drivers licence but I love driving in a car
I am the best front seat passenger ever!!
I am always relaxed and happy in a car and a sunny day with the music on I could drive
a whole day.

Daddy and I had a Sunday evening tradition whenever he was at home.
For an hour we were driving through Cologne without a destination but with load music
and sang together probably not very good but awfully load J

it was the most happiest time of the week for me because Dad was happy I was happy
and the two of us had a light funny time but we were so close.
We talked about daily stuff as well as good old memories from him.

Since Dad is gone that is the thing I most miss about him and our relationship.
So when I became a Damian fan and found out about his love for Elvis and his music
It was something that touched me because of my private past and until today
I love Damian`s enthusiasm about Elvis and love it when he interpret a song or
Dance or both like the sensational Karaoke from last year…I love it
And for me definitely another reason to be a fan….just another reason…



  

No comments:

Post a Comment

please add a comment