Friday 27 February 2015

The girls coming to Cologne….


And I was nervous weeks ahead. It’s always so special when you found someone in life
who just takes you the way you are.

And with Emma it feels like that and we don’t meet only for Lewis stuff and events
But also just to see each other and to spend some quality time together.
This time we doubled the fun because she brought the girls with her and it was so great!!
I was so keen to see them and we had a full packed program.

We had such a wonderful day with shopping a great lunch where the Brit girls and I
got some typical cologne based food called “Sauerbraten” and in a restaurant which is quite famous in Cologne as the former president of America Bill Clinton was there during on of his visits in Germany and since I always loved  Clinton it was great to take the girls there.
We entered the mall and of course even we didn’t want to buy anything we got a bag shoes and
some gorgeous stuff for the kids and their friends afterwards we took time to visit the famous cathedral where we all lit a candle for several and quite different reasonsJ
we took the little train again which is a lovely way to get around cologne and see some highlights
and we stopped by the chocolate factory to destroy any diet plans for the weekend lol
with another café visit and some funny and music framed moments a fantastic day ended
and I can only thank my girls for such a quality time!!

It was so wonderful to have with me and thanks a million for your time and all the
beautiful presents and its so good to know that in just 12 weeks we see each other again
this time for American Buffalo in London…..can’t wait girls!!!!!!!
THANK YOU!!








So on Friday evening myself and my two daughters, Grace and Dani, boarded the 7pm flight to Cologne for a 24 hour stay in the city and more importantly to catch up with my blog sister Sabrina. 
 We arrived at 9pm after a very bumpy flight and headed off to our hotel.  On Saturday morning my lovely friend walked into our hotel and we began our fun filled day.  They say kids are the best way to tell if someone is a true person, kids give an instant like or dislike to someone, so the fact that Grace would not stop talking all day and that Dani was so happy to have bought Sabrina the same Hello Kitty teddy that she chose for Sabrina tells me that they have a friend for life

  We began our day by doing something we all love “Shopping” Cologne shopping is fabulous and as a shopaholic myself there is something for every taste, as well as the recognised high street shops there are some great shops that we don’t know about over here in the UK.  In particular there was a store that had the best selection of shoes and boots that I have ever seen, I was actually the only one who did not buy a pair and it was at that moment I regretted taking such a small bag away with me!
  Once we were a bit all shopped out we headed to wonderful café to have a coffee break – Dani, the youngest in our group, had a fantastic Cathedral shaped waffle, while Grace and Sabrina shared a plate of Macaroons – I however stuck to my tea as I was saving myself for lunch.




 Which I am so glad I did – WOW is all I can say to our lunch destination – we went to a fantastic traditional German restaurant called ??????? The restaurant was not too far from the River and was wonderfully German, the staff were delightful and we later found out that Bill and Hillary Clinton sat in our exact seats a few years back….. If its good enough for the Clintons!! 

 I would highly recommend this great place to eat.  Once we were full we walked to the Cathedral – it is an amazing building standing over 500 foot tall it was built in 1248 inside there are several areas where you can light a candle and donates some money to the parish.  We all lit candles and I lit mine for friendship new and old.  After our visit we then walked to the main square where we got on a little train that also gives a tour of the city to the Chocolate factory, this was Danis best part of the trip, at the factory you can watch Lindt chocolate being made, I think we spent about 30mins in the factory and about 45mins in the gift shop.

in the factory


  Time was pressing on by now and we only had a few hours left of our day, we got the train back to the square and we had tea in “our” favourite tea shop, it is one of the most traditional tea shops I have ever been to, the ambience and the feel of this place is like going back in time, with its pink and cream colour interior and its magnificent cakes and baked goods, there is even a live band playing the piano and violin while you drink tea and eat cakes.  We strolled back to our hotel to collect our bags and we walked to the train station to catch our train back to Cologne/Bonn Airport.  It was so sad to say goodbye to my lovely friend but so glad that I will see her in less than 12 weeks when she comes to London to see American Buffalo.


typical cologne food:-)


in the cathedral





GRACE:


I really liked Cologne, I have never been to Germany before and it was a little bit like London, the shopping was my favourite part of the day and I really loved the cakes and the chocolate, infact the whole day was really brilliant.  Sabrina is so nice and made me feel welcome in her country and I hope to see her soon,  I still want that black dress hahahahahah


the black dress he..?!...well lets wait and see...maybe in May maybe in two years...:-)



DANI:


Sabrina is pretty she has lovely red hair, I love Germany and we have matching hello kitty teddies.  I like Cologne it was cold and didn’t rain and I think the Cathedral is really big it looked like my waffle – my favourite part of the day was buying stuff and eating – I loved the chocolate factory and wish I could go there every day.  Thank you Sabrina and see you soon xxxx

Thank you girls!! love you




and thanks a million Emma for your friendship and for being my inspiration my coach and my
partner here and in real life!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

please add a comment