Wednesday 12 November 2014

Emma about...Charlie

Damian Lewis is an incredible actor, wow what a thing to get off my chest, but then again anyone reading this will totally agree with me otherwise why would you be reading this!

I discovered LIFE after watching Homeland.  Another profound thing to say!! but I am actually talking about Life the TV Show.

Once I had seen his great acting as Sargent Brody, I wanted more and more, and Life was my next thing to watch.  What a great show this was.  from 2007-2009 with only 32 episodes over 2 seasons this award winning show stars Damian Lewis as Charlie Crews, who we love from the moment he hits our screen.  


Charlie Crews is a former police officer in the LAPD who returns to the force as a detective after being in prison and being wrongly accused, over the 32 episodes there is a different story each time, his co star Sarah Shahi (Chicago Fire) plays detective Dani Reese , his long suffering partner who has to help Charlie adjust to the outside world after being in  prison for 12 years, he comes out not knowing what the internet is, not knowing how hands free works in a car, he has an obsession with fruit due to not having any while in prison and he has adopted a Zen like attitude to life since being set free.  Charlie is also a multi millionaire as he was paid millions in damages for being wrongly accused, he lives in a huge house, with not much in the way of furniture.

Charlie lives with Ted, who he met while doing time, he was jailed for fraud and is now Charlie’s financial advisor.  The stories each week are so well written and it always begins with the pair at the scene of a murder, the episode is about them solving the murder, which they usually do, but the show also has a second story throughout the entire 2 seasons with Charlie trying to work out who framed him. I spent the two seasons wanting him to either get together with Dani, but then realised he loves her so much, but more as a sister, and we also want him to get back with his ex wife, who has re married, Charlie spends many a time tormenting her new husband which I found really funny.  

Life is full of great lines and the character Damian Lewis plays is fantastic.  I have watched the 2 seasons a couple of times now and I am never bored of it, it always makes me smile. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

please add a comment