Wednesday 10 December 2014

Homeland`s episode five season two Q/A Damian Lewis gave more Answers than Questions


After watching Keane I was convinced that was the best performance I have ever seen
until Homeland  came along and after season one I was convinced that had been the best performance I have ever seen.
But then season two was broadcasted and with it episode five…Question and answer
I am a very critical person because I always try to avoid to put on my “love glasses”
and praise anything he does without really thinking about.

I love Damian and his work dearly but there are projects I absolutely don like and I suppose
that is perfectly normal and  believe we don t talk about a lot of projects….just one or not really one maybe a half.lol 

but really , I try to have a deeper look on things but the look of Q/A almost killed me that night.
I was almost begging myself to stop the episode because I couldn’t stand it any minute longer.
I have never seen something like this. It’s not comparable because it is simply amazing!!
Damian delivered an acting which can be only describe as superb.
It was a master class of acting .

I remember he was named performance of the year from several sources and I couldn’t agree more.
Both Claire Danes and Damian Lewis were just perfect in the episode but Claire Danes had
The advantage of talking…she did most of the talk and she was often seen completely
but Damian Lewis had just a face to act with.no big and theatrical reaction were possible
and when he had to speak it was slow and quite no opera performance allowed and
he caught us completely and even the last person in the world would scream out:
“Ok forgive him, so do I “

And one of the facts that impresses me most is the fact Damian Lewis is a lively nice and charming person and Brody is nothing like him.
Of course you could acting but for that’s feeling…the feeling and the skill to create
a character not just play a character.

I am very grateful we had the chance to get to know the “real” Brody in this episode and
I can’t tell you how much I wish for Billions because I imagine a fantastic show with
a Damian Lewis at his best and I have some trust in Showtime they created some brilliant
shows over the years and as Damian Lewis said in an interview last year.

“ Showtime is a good place to be at the moment” 
Couldn’t agree more.



2 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:45

    I totally agree with what you write that, Damian is a fabulous actor and in episode 5, in the scene of the interrogation, he proves that he is the best actor of the moment!
    I watched this scene 100 times, always with the same wonder!
    I hope that in Billions, producers will write one or two scenes, too beautiful, too difficult to interpret, Where Damian, will still display his immense talent and make us cry of wonder!
    Monique

    ReplyDelete
  2. agree on all points Monique and thanks for reading our blog X

    ReplyDelete

please add a comment